Cluj Cultural Centre in partnership with Notes&Ties Association will organize this autumn a music composition workshop for teenagers. Under the guidance of Daniel Patrick Cohen, a talented British composer, 12 teenagers will experience ways of expression through music. During the workshop teenagers can explore their creative potential, experiencing songwriting and music composition.
Who can participate?
- 15-18 yo teenagers with a desire to make music!
- Those with an open, creative mind
- No musical training is necessary
- Basic English skills will be required, although help will be available with translation
When will the course take place?
- 17 October-15 November, sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, after school, that will last last between 15 and 90 minutes.
What will participants do?
- Develop short compositions for a trio of professional musicians
- Receive full support from the composer Daniel Patrick Cohen
- Express themselves creatively in a relaxed, positive atmosphere
- Learn more about the instruments they will be working with
- Work together with a team towards a very short presentation demonstrating work done during the workshop
- Share the fruits of their labour with their friends and family
Be part of this experience! Submit the following application form in English no later than October 16th.
Participation is free of charge. The participants will be selected based on the submitted application form.
Daniel Patrick Cohen – Notes&Ties Association, Cluj. Daniel is a British composer based in Romania with a range of musical interests, including film music, hip hop and electronic music. Daniel first garnered international attention when he was among a handful of British composers invited to produce scores for Alfred Hitchcock’s silent films as part of the British Film Institute’s ‘Rescue the Hitchcock 9’ project. In early 2015, Daniel released a concept album entitled The Passenger after the Michelangelo Antonioni film of the same name. He has given seminars on his music in the UK and Kazakhstan, and recently led a film music course for composers in Ukraine.
The workshop is organized by Cluj Cultural Centre, within the Inner Space program, with the support of the Cluj-Napoca City Hall and Cluj County Council. Partners: Banca Transilvania and URSUS.