THE EUROPEAN CENTRE FOR CONTEMPORARY ARTS (ECCA) is a pioneering institution dedicated to contemporary arts. It reconverts military and industrial buildings to host a contemporary programme in the fields of visual arts, performing arts and media arts. ECCA will research, document and exhibit artistic productions of the last 70 years in Eastern Europe. It seeks to investigate, in an interdisciplinary manner, a number of relevant topics for today’s world such as European identity, otherness, migration, and work. The first ECCA venue opens in 2018. In 2017 a three month pilot artistic programme will be exhibited in a temporary venue.
- New training sessions within the Pre-Texts educational program
- The second edition of Quantum Questions: 18 works of art and science displayed in the Conti and Demmers showcases
- re:form – experimental programme for rethinking work
- Paco Calvo, Sanneke Stigter and Sven Dupré, the scientists selected by Cluj Cultural Centre within the Studiotopia residences
- «NEW NOW»:The Autumn School of Curating returns with a second edition, online (20-30 November 2020)