THE EUROPEAN CENTRE FOR CONTEMPORARY ARTS (ECCA) is a pioneering institution dedicated to contemporary arts. It reconverts military and industrial buildings to host a contemporary programme in the fields of visual arts, performing arts and media arts. ECCA will research, document and exhibit artistic productions of the last 70 years in Eastern Europe. It seeks to investigate, in an interdisciplinary manner, a number of relevant topics for today’s world such as European identity, otherness, migration, and work. The first ECCA venue opens in 2018. In 2017 a three month pilot artistic programme will be exhibited in a temporary venue.
- Remarkable Romania: visiting the member communes to map their local heritage
- Culture Next. Candidate Cities Network’s 5th meeting in Lithuania
- The incubation phase for the Culturepreneurs 2019 finalists has begun
- UNSPEAKABLE – Workshop of emotional expressiveness through music for teenagers
- 377.267 euros for art and science through the Creative Europe program